ALT Linux users (in English only)
From: Alexey Rusakov <ktirf@altlinux.org>
To: virtualsky.sk@gmail.com,
	"ALT Linux users (in English only)"
	<community-en@lists.altlinux.org>
Subject: Re: [Comm-en] ALT Server 4.0 - Setting up a webserver
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 05:12:29 +0300

On 23/02/2009, 19:31 -0600, Virtual Sky Solutions wrote:
> I've just done a test install of ALT Linux 4.0 and I have a couple questions.  Hopefully someone in this mailing list can give
> me some advice.
Could you be more specific - which ALT Linux 4.0 did you install,
Desktop, Server, or OfficeServer?

> I've successfully done a default install and have been learning my way around the HTTP interface.  Now I want to set-up a
> webpage server, but I haven't been able to identify where, in the ALT Server HTTP interface, to do this.
>
> So, what I've done is a manual apt-get install of lighttpd and ran it via the command line.  Everything seems to work fine,
> however, I would like to know if there was something I could have done via the HTTP interface to do this (even if it were
> Apache and not Lighttpd).  Command line is fine, but if there was a more user friendly option I would have used it.
>
> Any recommendations?  Is there somewhere in the HTTP system interface that I missed?
As far as I remember, there was a web-based Apache configuration tool in
the HTTP interface of ALT Linux 4.0 OfficeServer, it is in the package
alterator-apache2. If you can't find it, chances are you'll have to use
branch/4.0 repository as an additional one. If you need more detailed
instructions, just ask.

--
  Alexey "Ktirf" Rusakov
  GNOME Project