On 23/02/2009, 19:31 -0600, Virtual Sky Solutions wrote: > I've just done a test install of ALT Linux 4.0 and I have a couple questions. Hopefully someone in this mailing list can give > me some advice. Could you be more specific - which ALT Linux 4.0 did you install, Desktop, Server, or OfficeServer? > I've successfully done a default install and have been learning my way around the HTTP interface. Now I want to set-up a > webpage server, but I haven't been able to identify where, in the ALT Server HTTP interface, to do this. > > So, what I've done is a manual apt-get install of lighttpd and ran it via the command line. Everything seems to work fine, > however, I would like to know if there was something I could have done via the HTTP interface to do this (even if it were > Apache and not Lighttpd). Command line is fine, but if there was a more user friendly option I would have used it. > > Any recommendations? Is there somewhere in the HTTP system interface that I missed? As far as I remember, there was a web-based Apache configuration tool in the HTTP interface of ALT Linux 4.0 OfficeServer, it is in the package alterator-apache2. If you can't find it, chances are you'll have to use branch/4.0 repository as an additional one. If you need more detailed instructions, just ask. -- Alexey "Ktirf" Rusakov GNOME Project ALT Linux Team