ALT Linux users (in English only)
From: Michael Shigorin <mike@osdn.org.ua>
To: community-en@lists.altlinux.org
Subject: Re: [Comm-en] ALT Server 4.0 - Setting up a webserver
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:31:37 +0200

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 07:31:56PM -0600, Virtual Sky Solutions wrote:
> Is there somewhere in the HTTP system interface that I missed?

I'm afraid not... I've tried to come up with webapp policy since
ca. 2005 or so but got frustrated with overall quality of webapps
(only a few would fit the scheme which wouldn't do duplicates
which are more of a mess to maintain with security updates),
and so far no one seems to have adapted e.g. Debian's one
(which got another push in the meantime).

There's not much sense in thinking "yeah, you can create a VE
template with e.g. apache, then VE itself, and then start it"
is an answer to the question of "can I bring up a webserver this
way?" IMO.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>