ALT Linux users (in English only)
* [Comm-en] Problems with Compact 2.3
@ 2004-04-04  8:13 D&J Bouley
From: D&J Bouley @ 2004-04-04  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ALT Linux Community

Okay, I've been playing around with Compact 2.3 and have the following
problems I need some help with.

First of all, I was able to get our new HP 1110 3-in-1 printer/scanner
to print okay, but XSane does not seem to recognize that it's a scanner
as well.  I was able to get both printing and scanning to work using
Mandrake 10.0 (XSane seemed to recognize it just fine then).  Any ideas
how I can get this working properly?

K-mail will not work properly.  Every time I go to create an e-mail, it
crashes.  I think it has something to do with the Kaddress app.
However, I cannot seem to fix the packages or upgrade through Synaptic.
Trying to install K-Office results in Synpatic telling me to fix broken
packages first.  I tried, through Synpatic but it doesn't work.  Any
idea what the proble could be?

I hope someone can help.

David.

(o_
//\
\/_/  E-mail powered by Linux
======

* Re: [Comm-en] Problems with Compact 2.3
@ 2004-04-04 15:02 ` Vitaly Lipatov
From: Vitaly Lipatov @ 2004-04-04 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

On Sunday 04 April 2004 12:13, D&J Bouley wrote:
> Okay, I've been playing around with Compact 2.3 and have the
> following problems I need some help with.
>
> First of all, I was able to get our new HP 1110 3-in-1
> printer/scanner to print okay, but XSane does not seem to
> recognize that it's a scanner as well.  I was able to get both
> printing and scanning to work using Mandrake 10.0 (XSane
> seemed to recognize it just fine then).  Any ideas how I can
> get this working properly?
Please install hpoj package and uncommend
line with hpoj in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf

--
Lav
Vitaly Lipatov

* Re: [Comm-en] Problems with Compact 2.3
@ 2004-04-05  7:25 ` Sergey V Turchin
From: Sergey V Turchin @ 2004-04-05  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en; +Cc: mike, D&J Bouley