рассылка русскоязычной группы пользователей и разработчиков KDE
* [kde-russian] [KPhotoAlbum-i18n] KimDaBa renamed to KPhotoAlbum
@ 2006-01-18  4:55 Jesper K. Pedersen
From: Jesper K. Pedersen @ 2006-01-18  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kde-i18n-doc, kphotoalbum-i18n

Hi.

KimDaBa has been fighting some hard times with people not understanding what
it is for, so I gave in and renamed it to KPhotoAlbum.

I suggest that everyone translating kimdaba, simply copy their .po files over
to KPhotoAlbum.

This applies both to the application translation, and the documentation, which
on my side both have been renamed.

As part of regular development I've moved a lot of classes into
subdirectories, and renamed the files to include case.
datebarmousehandler.cpp has e.g. been moved into DateBar/MouseHandler.cpp,
and at the same time the class has been moved into the namespace DateBar.

I fear this has quite a bad influence on your work. Would it help if I
compiled a list of all the files that has been renamed?

Kind Regards
Jesper.

PS: I've created a dedicated mailing list for translation of KPhotoAlbum, you
may subscribe to it at http://mail.kdab.net/mailman/listinfo/kphotoalbum-i18n

PPS: It will be another month before KPhotoAlbum goes into message freeze, I
just wanted to give you a heads up on things.
--
Jesper K. Pedersen          |  Klarälvdalens Datakonsult
Senior Software Engineer    |  www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se

* [kde-russian] Re: [KPhotoAlbum-i18n] KimDaBa renamed to KPhotoAlbum
@ 2006-01-18 11:04 ` Rinse de Vries
From: Rinse de Vries @ 2006-01-18 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kphotoalbum-i18n; +Cc: kde-i18n-doc

Op woensdag 18 januari 2006 05:55, schreef Jesper K. Pedersen:
> As part of regular development I've moved a lot of classes into
> subdirectories, and renamed the files to include case.
> datebarmousehandler.cpp has e.g. been moved into DateBar/MouseHandler.cpp,
> and at the same time the class has been moved into the namespace DateBar.
>
> I fear this has quite a bad influence on your work. Would it help if I
> compiled a list of all the files that has been renamed?

Well, that depends on how gettext and/or kbabel respond to the changes.
If gettext makes the corresponding strings fuzzy, than it would only mean
defuzzying the changed strings.
No need to know about datebarmousehandler.cpp changing into
DateBar/MouseHandler.cpp.

If gettext creates new strings, then i guess kbabel can translate them
automaticly with the 'raw translation' feature, using the old kimdaba po file
as alternative source, or as part of the translation database.

Regards, Rinse