Linux console tools development discussion
* Re: [kbd] dvorak-programmer keymap.
@ 2015-01-25 15:31 ` Alexey Gladkov
From: Alexey Gladkov @ 2015-01-25 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbd

25.01.2015 18:43, Merlin Dou пишет:
> My friends and me use "Programmer Dvorak" for a long time.
>
> We can find it in X, but can not find it in kbd. It's a nightmare with
> using qwerty or standard dvorak on a new machine.
>
> So we wrote this,  would you mind to add it to kbd-project ? (i386/dvorak)
>
>> Long time ago, I requested this. But you said the old version was very difficult to maintain and make changes. So I rewrote it.
>
> Hope you can merge it in. Thanks. If don't, please tell me. ;)

You already sent me your keymap :)
I've added it.

--
Rgrds, legion

* [kbd]  dvorak-programmer keymap.
@ 2015-01-25 15:43 Merlin Dou
From: Merlin Dou @ 2015-01-25 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbd

My friends and me use "Programmer Dvorak" for a long time.

We can find it in X, but can not find it in kbd. It's a nightmare with
using qwerty or standard dvorak on a new machine.

So we wrote this,  would you mind to add it to kbd-project ? (i386/dvorak)

> Long time ago, I requested this. But you said the old version was very difficult to maintain and make changes. So I rewrote it.

Hope you can merge it in. Thanks. If don't, please tell me. ;)

The following is the keymap.
-----

! Programmer Dvorak keymap
!
!   Original from: http://www.kaufmann.no/roland/dvorak/
!   This file edited by: Merlin Dou (11 March 2014)
!
! This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
! it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
! the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
! (at your option) any later version.
!
! This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
! but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
! MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
! GNU General Public License for more details.
!
! You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
! along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
! Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
!
keymaps 0-2,4-6,8-9,12
alt_is_meta
include "linux-with-two-alt-keys.inc"
strings as usual
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Row 1
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
keycode   1 = Escape
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Row 2
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
keycode  41 = dollar         asciitilde
keycode   2 = ampersand      percent
keycode   3 = bracketleft    seven
keycode   4 = braceleft      five
keycode   5 = braceright     three
keycode   6 = parenleft      one
keycode   7 = equal          nine
keycode   8 = asterisk       zero
keycode   9 = parenright     two
keycode  10 = plus           four
keycode  11 = bracketright   six
keycode  12 = exclam         eight
keycode  13 = numbersign     tilde
keycode  14 = Delete
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Row 3
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
keycode  15 = Tab
keycode  16 = semicolon      colon
keycode  17 = comma          less
keycode  18 = period         greater
keycode  19 = p
keycode  20 = y
keycode  21 = f
keycode  22 = g
keycode  23 = c
keycode  24 = r
keycode  25 = l
keycode  26 = slash          question
keycode  27 = at             asciicircum
keycode  28 = Return
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Row 4
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------