Linux console tools development discussion
* [kbd] Binding Ctrl+Tab
@ 2013-01-15 13:16 Kristof Ralovich
From: Kristof Ralovich @ 2013-01-15 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbd

Dear All,

I would like to assign the "Ctrl+Tab" key combination in Ubuntu 12.04
linux text console (not under X11). My end goal is binding commands to
it in emacs. "Ctrl", "Tab", and "Alt+Tab" works dy default, but not
"Ctrl+Tab".

dumpkeys -l shows me the following output (truncated)
0x0009    Tab
0x0809    Meta_Tab
Control_i       for Tab
I guess I'm missing a definition for "Control_Tab" in this file. But [1]
indicates that "Ctrl+Tab" is not possible under the console. Could
anyone please comment on this? If it is possible, how to activate it?

In case this mailing list is not the right place for my question, please
direct me to the right list!

Thanks,
Kristof

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4335277/ctrl-tab-key-binding-doesnt-work-in-linux

* Re: [kbd] Binding Ctrl+Tab
@ 2013-01-19 22:59 ` Alexey Gladkov
From: Alexey Gladkov @ 2013-01-19 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbd

15.01.2013 17:16, Kristof Ralovich wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I would like to assign the "Ctrl+Tab" key combination in Ubuntu 12.04
> linux text console (not under X11). My end goal is binding commands to
> it in emacs. "Ctrl", "Tab", and "Alt+Tab" works dy default, but not
> "Ctrl+Tab".

What is the problem with the "Ctrl+Tab" ?

First find the key code for TAB.

 % showkey
 keycode  15 press
 keycode  15 release