Linux console tools development discussion
From: Alexey Gladkov <gladkov.alexey@gmail.com>
To: Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com>
Cc: kbd <kbd@lists.altlinux.org>
Subject: Re: [kbd] kbd package
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 03:45:16 +0300

Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm a developer of Arch Linux (known as Romashka)
> and I have question/requests. :-)
>
> 1) one Czech user claims that cz.map.gz should be moved to qwertz directory
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9619
> (but I'm not sure that's a valid claim).

2kbd.list: Can anyone help me to confirm this bug ?

> 2) I see you've added many new Russian keymaps
> http://git.altlinux.org/people/legion/packages/kbd.git?p=kbd.git;a=commit;h=60625eeaaae6676e1e949b34966dff519fc428db

This keymaps is not all russian keymaps :)

Take a look:

http://git.altlinux.org/people/legion/packages/kbd.git?p=kbd.git;a=tree;f=rpm/kbd-data-extra/keymaps/i386/qwerty;h=e318c750507ec82df67677a88a2d23061e612361;hb=e53aaf9e9aa557e5fc4f599de3527299b5276529

> Do UTF-8 versions replace non-UTF-8 ru-ms and ru4?

I think they may replace ru-ms and ru4. I don't know people who use
ru-ms and ru4. In fact, ruwin_* keymaps is most popular keymaps for
russians.
I know people who use ru*-Corwin kemaps as well.

> 3) You've added Terminus font, but only one of many vatiants
> http://git.altlinux.org/people/legion/packages/kbd.git?p=kbd.git;a=commit;h=52b7671b2785a81349b9b4d21219684922f49852
> I suggest either revert that change or, better, add all Terminus
> fonts, but from official source:
> http://www.is-vn.bg/hamster/jimmy-en.html
> (just please don't apply any patches available on that page),
> They really look creat and support many languages,

I add Terminus font after feature request.

--
Rgrds, legion