ALT Linux kernel packages development
* [d-kernel] Fwd: Re: [Kino-dev] MiniDV camera
@ 2007-08-06 20:40 Michael Shigorin
From: Michael Shigorin @ 2007-08-06 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devel-kernel

	Здравствуйте.
Вдруг кому когда пригодится...

----- Forwarded message from Dan Dennedy <dan/dennedy.org> -----

Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 13:37:39 -0700
From: Dan Dennedy <dan/dennedy.org>
To: kino-dev/lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Kino-dev] MiniDV camera
Cc: Arpad Kardos <planet2012/gmail.com>

On Monday 06 August 2007 12:34:46 am Arpad Kardos wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sorry to bother's you, i just have a quick question please.
>
> I have a Sony DCR-HC21 MiniDV camera, it connect's with USB cable.(This is
> my webcam as well on xp).
>
> My question is: There's any Linux Driver for it? And if is there, please
> let me know where can i find it.

The linux driver is called linux-uvc or uvcvideo:
http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/

But, it only works with UVC compliant camera--just because your camera has USB
does not mean it is UVC compliant. Also, there are multiple UVC video formats
(payloads), one of which is DV. dvgrab in CVS (soon to be release 3.0) now
supports the combination of linux-uvc and UVC-DV compliant camera.

--
+-DRD-+

----- End forwarded message -----

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-08-06 20:40 UTC | newest]