ALT Linux users (in English only)
* [Comm-en] What does vivaldi-preinstall do?
@ 2022-01-11  1:29 David
From: David @ 2022-01-11  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

I'm in the process of writing a brief post on my blog on installing the Vivaldi web browser on ALT Linux and my WindowMaker desktop.  Before installing the Vivaldi RPM, I did find ALT's vivaldi-preinstall package in Sisyphus and I did install it and I guess everything worked as it should.  Installing the Vivaldi RPM afterword completed successfully.

Before I post my blog entry about it, I would like to know what the vivaldi-preinstall package actually does/did.  Can someone from the ALT-Team share that information with me?  I'm hoping that, if the Vivaldi user community knew how easy it is to get Vivaldi working under ALT-Linux, maybe I can entice some of them to give ALT a try for themselves.

David.

* Re: [Comm-en] What does vivaldi-preinstall do?
@ 2022-01-11  8:35 ` Michael Shigorin
From: Michael Shigorin @ 2022-01-11  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 01:29:28AM +0000, David wrote:
> Before I post my blog entry about it, I would like to know
> what the vivaldi-preinstall package actually does/did.

The package description states:

---
Set correct environment for Vivaldi
--- http://packages.altlinux.org/vivaldi-preinstall

Usually we do packages like this when there are libraries
or other components omitted in target package dependencies
specification; sometimes there's some setup needed and the
scripts related land in *-preinstall too.

This particular package just holds /etc/default/vivaldi with

  repo_add_once="false"

line in it; see also:
http://git.altlinux.org/gears/v/vivaldi-preinstall.git?p=vivaldi-preinstall.git;a=blob;f=vivaldi-preinstall.spec;hb=HEAD
http://git.altlinux.org/gears/v/vivaldi-preinstall.git?p=vivaldi-preinstall.git;a=blob;f=vivaldi;hb=HEAD

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin / http://altlinux.org
  ------ http://opennet.ru / http://anna-news.info

* Re: [Comm-en] What does vivaldi-preinstall do?
@ 2022-01-11 14:27 ` David
From: David @ 2022-01-11 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ALT Linux users (in English only)

Thanks, Michael!  That explains it well enough for me.