* [Comm-en] Distribution Release: Simply Linux 10.1 for RISC-V
@ 2023-02-17 16:23 Maria Fokanova
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Maria Fokanova @ 2023-02-17 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: ALT Linux
The release of the experimental build of Simply Linux 10.1 (the p10
Aronia branch) for the riscv64 architecture has been prepared. The
assembly is based on the Sisyphus riscv64 repository. It will be of
interest to developers, testers and advanced users. The BaseALT Ltd. is
a member of the international RISC-V community
https://riscv.org/members/. The company is working to support VisionFive
v2 and other RISC-V64 boards.
* Support for StarFive VisionFive V1 single-board computer.
* The distribution includes Firefox 109.0.1 web browser, Thunderbird
102.7.1 mail client, LibreOffice 7.4.2 office suite.
* XFCE desktop environment 4.18.
Added to the distribution
* Support for Russian certification authorities (CA)
* htop 3.2.2 utility for viewing processes in the console.
* libnss-role 0.5.64 mechanism for providing additional groups to the user.
* XSane 0.999 provides a graphical user interface to control a scanner.
* Improved support for peripheral equipment - Epson and HP printer drivers.
New Application Versions
* kernel un-def 6.1.10 with VisionFive v1 support.
* openssl 1.1.1t
* xorg-server 21.1.7.
* x11vnc 0.9.16.
Image tested on QEMU, VisionFive v1 and SiFive boards.
More about Sisyphus port to riscv64 architecture:
More about the StarFive VisionFive V1 board and its support in ALT:
More about the image and its updates you can found at:
You can also view and download distributions of ALT products:
With best regards,
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-02-17 16:23 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2023-02-17 16:23 [Comm-en] Distribution Release: Simply Linux 10.1 for RISC-V Maria Fokanova
ALT Linux users (in English only)
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror http://lore.altlinux.org/community-en/0 community-en/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 community-en community-en/ http://lore.altlinux.org/community-en \
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git