ALT Linux users (in English only)
* [Comm-en] Giving Compact a try
@ 2004-01-13  1:46 D&J Bouley
From: D&J Bouley @ 2004-01-13  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ALT Linux Community

Can anyone suggest to me the easiest way to get the Gnome desktop
environment included in my recent install of Compact?

Under Synaptic, it says that the Gnome desktop packages have been
installed, but for the life of me, I cannot get it to be included in my
log-in options.

How can I tell Compact to include it in my choices of desktops to log in
with?

David.

(o_
//\
\/_/  E-mail powered by Linux
======

* Re: [Comm-en] Giving Compact a try
@ 2004-01-13  4:49 ` Egor Grebnev
From: Egor Grebnev @ 2004-01-13  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

Hello David!

>Can anyone suggest to me the easiest way to get the Gnome desktop
>environment included in my recent install of Compact?
>
>Under Synaptic, it says that the Gnome desktop packages have been
>installed,

Could you clarify what exact packages does it list as 'installed'?

>but for the life of me, I cannot get it to be included in my
>log-in options.

Sure. GNOME is simply not a part of Compact this time. In order to have
it there, you need to download it from Sisyphus.

I just wonder where your Synaptic has got this information from...

--
Egor Grebnev