ALT Linux users (in English only)
* [Comm-en] ALJ Review follow-up
@ 2003-04-07 15:18 djbouley
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: djbouley @ 2003-04-07 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

Thanks for the comments regarding my review of ALT Linux.  I appreciate the
response and have made a few notations in regards to it.

I just wanted to spread the word about Junior, since I enjoy using myself.  I
thought others would benefit from its use, too.

Although the installation was slower, using the old 1x CD-R drive, I had no
difficulties with it.  Junior installed just fine with the outdated hardware.

I've had one person e-mail me yesterday inquiring about how they could
purchase a copy of Master.  Since I didn't know where I could find an answer
for them, I thought I'd ask here.  I'm assuming the person is in North
America.  Could anyone give me details about this, which I could pass along
to them?

David.

(o_
//\
\/_/  E-mail powered by Linux
======

* Re: [Comm-en] ALJ Review follow-up
@ 2003-04-07 15:20 ` Alexander Bokovoy
From: Alexander Bokovoy @ 2003-04-07 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 09:18:56AM -0600, djbouley wrote:
> Thanks for the comments regarding my review of ALT Linux.  I appreciate the
> response and have made a few notations in regards to it.
>
> I just wanted to spread the word about Junior, since I enjoy using myself.  I
> thought others would benefit from its use, too.
Yes, sure! The only problem is to not misinform people from very
beginning, that's why I've posted an expanded overview of our history and
relations w/ Mandrake.

> I've had one person e-mail me yesterday inquiring about how they could
> purchase a copy of Master.  Since I didn't know where I could find an answer
> for them, I thought I'd ask here.  I'm assuming the person is in North
> America.  Could anyone give me details about this, which I could pass along
> to them?
Point them to org@altlinux.com. I think we could make that happen in one
or another way.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
---

* Re: [Comm-en] ALJ Review follow-up
@ 2003-04-07 15:24 ` Alexandre Prokoudine
From: Alexandre Prokoudine @ 2003-04-07 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 09:18:56 -0600
djbouley <djbouley@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Thanks for the comments regarding my review of ALT Linux.  I
> appreciate the response and have made a few notations in regards
> to it.
>
> I just wanted to spread the word about Junior, since I enjoy using
> myself.  I thought others would benefit from its use, too.
>
> Although the installation was slower, using the old 1x CD-R drive,
> I had no difficulties with it.  Junior installed just fine with
> the outdated hardware.
>
> I've had one person e-mail me yesterday inquiring about how they
> could purchase a copy of Master.  Since I didn't know where I
> could find an answer for them, I thought I'd ask here.  I'm
> assuming the person is in North America.  Could anyone give me
> details about this, which I could pass along to them?

'sales at altlinux dot ru' is a usual e-mail address for any cases
concerning sales of our products ;-)

--
Alexandre Prokoudine
ALT Linux Documentation Team

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 481 bytes --]

* Re: [Comm-en] ALJ Review follow-up
@ 2003-04-09  8:56 ` Aleksey Smirnov
From: Aleksey Smirnov @ 2003-04-09  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

djbouley wrote:

>Thanks for the comments regarding my review of ALT Linux.  I appreciate the
>response and have made a few notations in regards to it.
>
>I just wanted to spread the word about Junior, since I enjoy using myself.  I
>thought others would benefit from its use, too.
>
>Although the installation was slower, using the old 1x CD-R drive, I had no
>difficulties with it.  Junior installed just fine with the outdated hardware.
>
>I've had one person e-mail me yesterday inquiring about how they could
>purchase a copy of Master.  Since I didn't know where I could find an answer
>for them, I thought I'd ask here.  I'm assuming the person is in North
>America.  Could anyone give me details about this, which I could pass along
>to them?

We do not have good solution now.
In fact we are looking for partners to distribute and/or publish ALT
Linux distributions outside of Russia.
Now manuals for Master and Junior are in Russian. We are ready to
prepare English translation for Junior manual in a short time, while
translating manuals for Master is a more difficult task.

Best,
Aleksey Smirnov
ALT Linux