ALT Linux users (in English only)
* Re: [Comm-en] About forum
  @ 2004-12-22  7:54 ` Michael Shigorin
From: Michael Shigorin @ 2004-12-22  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 10:31:18AM +0300, Siver Andrey wrote:
> Is there any forum concerning ALT Linux specific questions?

None really known.  It's a regularly demanded topic but so far
only one occasion of a person agile enough not only to create,
but to maintain the forum (and that was intended as a FAQ
storage, not really as a forum) -- but that forum ceased to
exist.

> I noticed that traffic from discussion mail-lists is too high;
> I did not recieve answers on my questions and do not interest
> in the most of the messages.

Get yourself proper mail client like Mutt, set up scoring and
subscribe.

More focused answers can be obtained from paid technical support,
you know, community isn't when you ask your questions, get your
personalized answers in a minute and are not willing to help back.

PS: there's also news interface on gmane.org -- that was also
long-demanded but this year someone stepped forward and took care
of negotiating things and dealing out the archives.

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.altlinux.community
nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.altlinux.community

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-12-22  7:54 UTC | newest]