ALT Linux users (in English only)
* [Comm-en] WindowMaker Resolutions and Dual Processor compat.
@ 2004-10-13 23:51 D&J Bouley
From: D&J Bouley @ 2004-10-13 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

* Re: [Comm-en] WindowMaker Resolutions and Dual Processor compat.
@ 2004-10-14  8:02 ` Michael Shigorin
From: Michael Shigorin @ 2004-10-14  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 05:51:14PM -0600, D&J Bouley wrote:
> Is there a setting to increase the number of colours WM will display?

grep DefaultColorDepth /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
?

> 2) A co-worker wishes to move over to Linux.  I'd like to
> install Compact 2.3 for him.  Is Compact 2.3 set up to
> recognize, install under, and utilize motherboards with dual
> processors?

Theoretically yes (it has SMP kernel) but practically I've seen
problems like you had to install SMP kernel and module packages
manually.  *sigh* since it's obviously a bug.

> Any advice would be appreciated.

Regarding colours, you can try to modify the aforementioned
setting and restart X (sorry for being so config-oriented, I'm
just too dumb regarding the rest of the tools that's available
and when I know the config, it's more reliable to work out an
"edit this"-like advice rather than figuring out what's working
and what's broken).

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>