ALT Linux users (in English only)
* [Comm-en] VICE Commodore emulator
@ 2009-03-15 23:24 Virtual Sky Solutions
From: Virtual Sky Solutions @ 2009-03-15 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

Just wondering if there's an RPM of the VICE C64 emulator for ALT Linux available somewhere.  Can't seem to find it in the standard repositories.

Any suggestions?

David.

* Re: [Comm-en] VICE Commodore emulator
@ 2009-03-15 23:52 ` Alexey Rusakov
From: Alexey Rusakov @ 2009-03-15 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: virtualsky.sk, ALT Linux users (in English only)

В Вск, 15/03/2009 в 17:24 -0600, Virtual Sky Solutions пишет:
> Just wondering if there's an RPM of the VICE C64 emulator for ALT Linux
>  available somewhere.  Can't seem to find it in the standard
>  repositories.
Looks like there are none packaged. If you know of such an emulator,
throw a link here, and maybe someone will package it at least for
Sisyphus.

--
  Alexey "Ktirf" Rusakov
  GNOME Project

[-- Attachment #2: Эта часть сообщения подписана цифровой подписью --]

* Re: [Comm-en] VICE Commodore emulator
@ 2009-03-16  0:07   ` Virtual Sky Solutions
From: Virtual Sky Solutions @ 2009-03-16  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

Thanks for the suggestion, Alexey.

A link to the Vice download page and tarball package is here:
http://www.viceteam.org/#download

David.

@ 2009-03-16 19:25     ` Michael Shigorin
From: Michael Shigorin @ 2009-03-16 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 06:07:43PM -0600, Virtual Sky Solutions wrote:
> > > Just wondering if there's an RPM of the VICE C64 emulator
> > > for ALT Linux available somewhere.  Can't seem to find it
> > > in the standard repositories.
> > Looks like there are none packaged. If you know of such an
> > emulator, throw a link here, and maybe someone will package
> > it at least for Sisyphus.
> Thanks for the suggestion, Alexey.
> A link to the Vice download page and tarball package is here:
> http://www.viceteam.org/#download

I'm having a look at it (starting off with PLD spec).

Could you please tell whether the fonts included are critical
or optional?  The package seems roughly ready but the font
part of it will take some more time if done properly.

These are CBM.ttf, cbm-directory-charset.fon and vice-cbm.bdf
(which becomes vice-cbm.pcf when compiled).

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>

* Re: [Comm-en] VICE Commodore emulator
@ 2009-03-17 17:51 ` Michael Shigorin
From: Michael Shigorin @ 2009-03-17 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en; +Cc: community

NB: this is a crosspost, please reply where you read this only.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 05:24:33PM -0600, Virtual Sky Solutions wrote:
> Just wondering if there's an RPM of the VICE C64 emulator for
> ALT Linux available somewhere.  Can't seem to find it in the
> standard repositories.  Any suggestions?

Well that was somewhat less trivial an exercise than I'd have
expected (never packaged emulators before) but some mix of PLD,
DAG's and Mandriva stuff with enough custom fiddling was thrown
into Sisyphus (unstable branch) incoming a minute ago.  Should
also show up in 5.0/branch sometime after getting to unstable
(I'll send a copy command after initial build lands).

Here are i586/x86_64 repos for 4.1/branch:

rpm http://fly.osdn.org.ua/~mike/repos/vice-M41 i586 hasher

rpm http://fly.osdn.org.ua/~mike/repos/vice-M41 x86_64 hasher

I've tested on i586/x86_64 Sisyphus being deployed on
development systems at hand.

PS: I'd actually be glad to hand the package maintainance to you.
Given that it's already there, should be less of a hassle :)

PPS: still a nice exercise, and quite some nostalgie over 8-bit
times as well...

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>