* [altlinux-announce-en] Distribution Release: ALT Education 10.1
@ 2023-01-12 17:56 Maria Fokanova
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Maria Fokanova @ 2023-01-12 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
The update of ALT products continues. The assembly of ALT Education 10.1
distribution kit is prepared for the x86_64, AArch64, i586 architecture
on platform 10 (p10 Aronia branch). The operating system is included in
the Unified Register of Russian Programs and Databases. The distribution
is intended for educational institutions.
Download the release image:
New features 10.1
* Support for Russian certification authorities (CA)
(ca-certificates-digital.gov.ru package) added.
* The PascalABC.NET programming system has been supplemented with
* Chromium browser in 64-bit images, Firefox in 32-bit ones.
* Support for installing the system using Ventoy utility.
* BTRFS subvolume support during installation. It is a modern copy on
write (CoW) filesystem for Linux aimed at implementing advanced features
while also focusing on fault tolerance and easy administration. The
durability benefit of using BTRFS is the creation of a restore point
before updating the system.
* Standalone LiveCD (without installation support).
* The Group policy project updates will be useful for system administrators:
- Support for network shares for computers.
- Applying of all Mozilla Firefox and Chromium web browser Group
Policies to computer. Script policies: logon/logoff/startup/shutdown.
Mechanisms for applying system settings parameters (preferences): Files,
- A new action update key runs all required services when the
initiated gpupdate is refreshing.
- System timer (gpupdate.timer) and the user timer
(gpupdate-user.timer) for Systemd.
* File searching option added to the Xfce — Thunar file manager.
* Fixed the issue of launching graphical applications after changing the
computer name (xauthority-hostname-updater package).
New Application Versions
* Two kernels system installation (std-def - 5.10 and un-def - 5.15). It
is possible to select a kernel for new hardware with EFI.
* WINE 7.19 supports running both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows executables
and resource files from the same profile at the same time.
* New packages added: alterator-zram-swap (for configuring compressed
swap), eiciel (graphical editor for access control lists (ACLs)),
packagekit (universal package management service).
The major release of ALT Education 10.0 was in December 2021.
Read more on the wiki (in russian):
Users of ALT distributions on Platform 10 (p10) fail to discover
compatibility problem with 10.1. For new corporate users it is possible
to obtain test versions and traditionally private users are offered to
download the required version of the ALT OS for free from the BaseALT
Ltd. website or from the download site.
More about the image and its updates you can found at:
You can also view and download distributions of other products:
With best regards,
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-01-12 17:56 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2023-01-12 17:56 [altlinux-announce-en] Distribution Release: ALT Education 10.1 Maria Fokanova
ALT Linux release announces
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror http://lore.altlinux.org/altlinux-announce-en/0 altlinux-announce-en/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 altlinux-announce-en altlinux-announce-en/ http://lore.altlinux.org/altlinux-announce-en \
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git