ALT Linux Team development discussions
* [devel] [Fwd: Borland Cortez Field Test - Invitation to sign up]
@ 2002-03-22 11:22 smi
From: smi @ 2002-03-22 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devel

[-- Attachment #1: Borland Cortez Field Test - Invitation to sign up --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 4594 bytes --]

From: Kylix Beta Administrator <kylixbeta@borland.com>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: Borland Cortez Field Test - Invitation to sign up
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:19:44 -0800

Dear Borland Friend,

Not so long ago, we released Kylix 2 to our enthousiastic customers base. For a while now, many of you have been asking
if/when we'd ship a C++ IDE on Linux. Although for a long while I wasn't free to comment on that, I'm now pleased to
sollicit your participation in the field test program for this project dubbed "Cortez", which, most importantly,
features the long awaited Borland C++ IDE on Linux. Those of you primarily interested by Delphi should also consider
seriously this opportunity.

If you receive this invitation, it's either because:
	a) you were a valuable participant in our last round of field tests for Kylix 2
	b) you recently expressed interest in joining and you have proper credentials
	c) someone in Borland knows you and suggested that we send you this invitation
	d) you previously attempted to sign-up and we happen to know it failed because
	   of problems with the online form

Consequently, we are now extending to you an invitation to participate in the success of Cortez.

Note that our field tests are not designed as technology previews but rather as an opportunity for our testers to share
with us whatever early feedback they may have on our products. As a participant in our field test program, you should be
prepared to commit to the following:

	* Test the product for a minimum of 10 hours a week.
	* Install product within 48 hours of receiving it.
	* Report defects found during beta testing.
	* Retest defects with product refresh code.
	* Participate constructively on the private field test newsgroups.
	* Answer occasional survey questions, as needed.
	* Provide overall feedback to the development team on reliability,
	  stability, and readiness of the product for marketplace.
	* Provide feedback regarding product documentation and help systems.
	* Provide the required hardware to adequately test the product.

Although we seek to enroll the largest number of participants possible, we also want to ensure that our field test
participants have the proper credentials to effectively contribute to the program. This serves both to protect our
limited resources and bandwidth and to ensure that the time you spend working with us will also benefit you. To that
extent, we require that you fill in the following form when responding to this invitation to apply:

	http://ww6.borland.com/ftapp/cortez/FTApp.dll

Once we received it, your application will be reviewed and, should you be selected, we will send you an NDA. The next
step will be for you to sign this NDA and return it by fax to us at the number indicated on the NDA form. More details
will be provided to you at that time.

Your input to us is extremely valuable and we are looking forward to receive your applications.

You can find more information about our field test program at:

	http://ww6.borland.com/ftapp/rad_field_test_program.html

Have already signed up?
As many of you are aware, the original version of the online application form was seriously limited in terms of browser
support. We've now corrected this and hopefully, the form in its current incarnation should work fine across a wide
variety of browsers. It's likely that you now receive this invitation for the second time. If so, it's because we happen
to know your initial submission failed. We would appreciate if you could resubmit your application and thank you for
your understanding.

The Cortez Development Team at Borland.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-03-22 11:22 UTC | newest]