22.03.2011 00:42, Michael Schutte wrote: > Hi Alexey, > > The console-setup package in Debian needs a way to check for the > text/graphics mode of the active VT (from a shell script). This can be > done with “setfont -v -o /dev/null”, for example, but that isn’t very > elegant. Julien Cristau has proposed a small utility (which I’m calling > “vt_mode” for now) to report this information in a canonical fashion. May be something like this (see attachment) ? I thing this utility is more script-friendly and more extensible. -- Rgrds, legion