Linux console tools development discussion
* [kbd] PPKB map file
@ 2022-05-23  1:26 Peter Thomason
From: Peter Thomason @ 2022-05-23  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbd

Hi KBD,

I made keymap for the PinePhone Keyboard (Linux based smartphone) and
was wondering if I could get it included into the package. I have
included the links to my repo for the keymap file:
https://codeberg.org/HazardChem/PinePhone_Keyboard/src/branch/main/tty

And the phone:
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_(Pro)_Keyboard

The whole keyboard can be moved apart from the meta key, space bar, and
the enter key, so I used that basis to write a map that can be adjusted
so the user can move the keys around and still get the configuration
options that they should expect from using the internal firmware on the
keyboard to change what the OS sees from the keyboard.

Pleaase let me know if you have any other questions and have a good
day!

--
Regards,

Peter Thomason
Mobile: +61 458 738 370
Email: pthom44@live.com.au

* Re: [kbd] PPKB map file
@ 2022-05-28 15:40 ` Alexey Gladkov
From: Alexey Gladkov @ 2022-05-28 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Thomason; +Cc: Linux console tools development discussion

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 11:26:30AM +1000, Peter Thomason wrote:
> Hi KBD,
>
> I made keymap for the PinePhone Keyboard (Linux based smartphone) and
> was wondering if I could get it included into the package. I have
> included the links to my repo for the keymap file:
> https://codeberg.org/HazardChem/PinePhone_Keyboard/src/branch/main/tty
>
> And the phone:
> https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_(Pro)_Keyboard
>
> The whole keyboard can be moved apart from the meta key, space bar, and
> the enter key, so I used that basis to write a map that can be adjusted
> so the user can move the keys around and still get the configuration
> options that they should expect from using the internal firmware on the
> keyboard to change what the OS sees from the keyboard.
>
> Pleaase let me know if you have any other questions and have a good
> day!

I don't mind to add this keymap but the keymap name should match the
language i.e. in your case kbd/keymap/pine/en.map .

If you have no objections, then I will add a keymap.

--
Rgrds, legion

* Re: [kbd] PPKB map file
  @ 2022-05-29 10:43     ` Alexey Gladkov
From: Alexey Gladkov @ 2022-05-29 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthom44; +Cc: Linux console tools development discussion

On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 01:46:01PM +1000, pthom44@live.com.au wrote:
> Hi Legion,
>
> I have made some quick adjustments to remove some comments that I left.
>
> That is a good idea, I did update the name to reflect english qwerty layout.
> Would that be a suitable name? The file location you mentioned sounds
> suitable to me as well.

If you assume that there can be not only qwerty keymaps, then it is better
to make it a subdirectory, as it is done in i386.

In this case, I suggest calling kbd/data/pine/qwerty/en.map

--
Rgrds, legion

* Re: [kbd] PPKB map file
  @ 2022-05-29 10:46   ` Alexey Gladkov
From: Alexey Gladkov @ 2022-05-29 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Thomason; +Cc: Linux console tools development discussion

On Sat, May 28, 2022 at 05:41:04PM +0200, Alexey Gladkov wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 11:26:30AM +1000, Peter Thomason wrote:
> > Hi KBD,
> >
> > I made keymap for the PinePhone Keyboard (Linux based smartphone) and
> > was wondering if I could get it included into the package. I have
> > included the links to my repo for the keymap file:
> > https://codeberg.org/HazardChem/PinePhone_Keyboard/src/branch/main/tty
> >
> > And the phone:
> > https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_(Pro)_Keyboard
> >
> > The whole keyboard can be moved apart from the meta key, space bar, and
> > the enter key, so I used that basis to write a map that can be adjusted
> > so the user can move the keys around and still get the configuration
> > options that they should expect from using the internal firmware on the
> > keyboard to change what the OS sees from the keyboard.
> >
> > Pleaase let me know if you have any other questions and have a good
> > day!
>
> I don't mind to add this keymap but the keymap name should match the
> language i.e. in your case kbd/keymap/pine/en.map .
>
> If you have no objections, then I will add a keymap.

Sorry that I didn't think about it and didn't say it earlier.

--
Rgrds, legion

* Re: [kbd] PPKB map file
  @ 2022-05-29 12:49       ` Alexey Gladkov
From: Alexey Gladkov @ 2022-05-29 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthom44; +Cc: Linux console tools development discussion

On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 09:43:02PM +1000, pthom44@live.com.au wrote:
> I think the original suggestion will be better, in kbd/keymap/pine/en.map
> There is only one variant that gets manufactured by pine64. I have updated
> the codeberg repo to reflect that name change to just en.map.
>
> If you agree with that thinking then I'm happy to proceed with you adding
> the keymap.

Applied. Thanks!

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/legion/kbd.git/commit/?id=1589e9e1019756b5287b41dddcd7285271c5990e

--