On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 11:27:08AM +0200, Daniel G. wrote: > Hi: > Sorry for top posting, but after after considering and trying your answers > I've found out that the issue is more related with this. > > If you try to load de Spanish keymap with: > $ loadkeys es > > It takes you "somewhere" with a Spanish misconfigured map that shows the ñ > correctly, but with some issues with the acute accents, which appear, for > example, as +a instead of a-acute. I have no idea of which "default" map > could it be. > > But if you put the absolute path to the map, the problem is fixed. > $ loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/es.map.gz Do you have /usr/share/keymaps/i386/olpc/es.map.gz ? If yes, can you try the following? $ loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/olpc/es.map.gz > I can't tell if it happens with other keymaps, because its hard to guess > with only an Spanish keyboard. > > Although it can be a solution, I'm interested in understanding what can be > the problem. Maybe a cross-compilation problem? > > Thank you! -- Rgrds, legion