Linux console tools development discussion
* Re: [kbd] Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard map
  @ 2020-05-19 14:54 ` Alexey Gladkov
From: Alexey Gladkov @ 2020-05-19 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Perkins; +Cc: kbd

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 08:11:51PM +0100, Anthony Perkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am emailing because I saw you are the maintainer of the Linux kernel
> keyboard layouts. I noticed there was no regular console keymap for the
> Canadian Multilingual Standard [1] so I had a go at creating one myself. I
> thought it might be useful to others and could possibly be included in the
> kbd project.
>
> I have based it on the ca-multi layout [2] in Debian by Christian Perrier,
> with changes to use the AltGr key instead of the Alt key and to match with
> the layout used in Gnome (screenshot attached). Christian's is close to the
> standard layout but has many differences.
>
> I've attached a copy of the file, and one with the more traditional
> left-aligned layout in case this is preferred.
>
> [1] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY#Canadian_Multilingual_Standard>
> [2] <https://sources.debian.org/src/console-data/2:1.12-6/keymaps/i386/qwerty/ca-multi.kmap/>

Thanks! I will add them.

--
Rgrds, legion

* Re: [kbd] Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard map
@ 2020-05-19 15:05   ` Anthony Perkins
From: Anthony Perkins @ 2020-05-19 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexey Gladkov; +Cc: kbd

On 19/05/2020 15:54, Alexey Gladkov wrote:
> Thanks! I will add them.

That's great! Thank you.

Just a note, both keyboard layouts are the same, it's just the layout of
the source code that is different. So only one of them would need to be
added.

Kind regards,
Anthony