Linux console tools development discussion
* [kbd] patches submitted downstream (Debian)
@ 2018-05-30 18:03 Andreas Henriksson
From: Andreas Henriksson @ 2018-05-30 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbd

Hello,

A couple of patches improving manpages has recently been submitted
downstream. Please consider applying the upstream. See:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=kbd&tag=patch

(As you can see there's also a third patch which has been sitting for a
long time so not sure about its usefulness. If you look at it your
conclusion about it would be appreciated none the less.)

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson

* Re: [kbd] patches submitted downstream (Debian)
@ 2018-10-02 21:04 ` Alexey Gladkov
From: Alexey Gladkov @ 2018-10-02 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux console tools development discussion; +Cc: Andreas Henriksson

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 08:03:47PM +0200, Andreas Henriksson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A couple of patches improving manpages has recently been submitted
> downstream. Please consider applying the upstream. See:
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=kbd&tag=patch
>
> (As you can see there's also a third patch which has been sitting for a
> long time so not sure about its usefulness. If you look at it your
> conclusion about it would be appreciated none the less.)

Can you send a patch or pull-request here ?

--
Rgrds, legion

* Re: [kbd] patches submitted downstream (Debian)
@ 2018-10-03 13:44   ` Andreas Henriksson
From: Andreas Henriksson @ 2018-10-03 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexey Gladkov; +Cc: Linux console tools development discussion

On Tue, Oct 02, 2018 at 11:04:24PM +0200, Alexey Gladkov wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 08:03:47PM +0200, Andreas Henriksson wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > A couple of patches improving manpages has recently been submitted
> > downstream. Please consider applying the upstream. See:
> >
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=kbd&tag=patch
> >
> > (As you can see there's also a third patch which has been sitting for a
> > long time so not sure about its usefulness. If you look at it your
> > conclusion about it would be appreciated none the less.)
>
> Can you send a patch or pull-request here ?

I'm sorry I failed to resolve the conflicts when trying to apply the
patches on top of git master. I really don't want to be the middle
man here either. I've already asked Bjarni to submit the patches himself
but if there's no interest on either side to go the extra mile, then
I'll stay out of this and lets just let the patches rot. Sorry to not
be more helpful.

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson