Linux console tools development discussion
From: Juraj Oravec <sgorava@artixlinux.org>
To: kbd@lists.altlinux.org
Cc: nsklaus <nsklaus@yandex.com>
Subject: [kbd] Missing macbook keymaps
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 23:34:42 +0200

Hello,

One of our users reported that some keymaps for his/her macbook are
missing, which s/he was able to find in Debian.

The keymaps:
- mac-macbook-de
- mac-macbook-fr

>From our reporter:
> These keymaps are around 99% correct (they have only one key that is
> inverted, that is the "#@" key that is inverted with the "<>" key)
> it's a very little problem.
> Many macbook share the same keyboard model as me.

Probably also add/create english version if it is not some default one.

These keymaps are available in package "console-data"[1] in Debian.

Environment:
HW: MacBookPro12,1 early 2015 model, the 13" intel iris 6100 gpu only.
OS: Artixlinux (Archlinux with simple init systems)

If there is some missing information I included the original reporter in
CC.

Best regards,
Juraj Oravec

Links: