ALT Linux Team development discussions
* [devel] [Fwd: [Unionfs] paid bugfix]
@ 2006-01-23  7:28 Anton Farygin
From: Anton Farygin @ 2006-01-23  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ALT Linux kernel packages development

Никто не хочет заняться ? ;-)

Rgds,
Rider

[-- Attachment #2: [Unionfs] paid bugfix --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3311 bytes --]

From: Tomas M <tomas@linux-live.org>
To: unionfs@filesystems.org
Subject: [Unionfs] paid bugfix
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 22:18:35 +0100

Hello all developers (official and unofficial) in this list.

I see there are a lot of people who understand the unionfs code and can
contribute to fix bugs in it.
I would like to offer you an opportunity to make some money and to help
unionfs at the same time :)

For many months, I'm facing a problem while running unionfs as a
chrooted filesystem (in a Live CD).
Everything works correctly untill I add a new branch to the union (by
using unionctl).
Then the system hangs or at least behaves strange. This is very hard to
reproduce or track.

I don't know if this can be fixed or if it's just an unfixable issue,
but here is my offer:
If you
1) fix unionfs code so it will work correctly as a root filesystem with
the ability to add branches
and
2) the fix is accepted by unionfs developers to unionfs official sources
then
I'll pay you 2000 USD.

I'm not able to help you much as I don't understand the unionfs code,
but I'll do my best
with providing my feedback and testing your patches.

I hope this offer didn't offend anyone, if yes then please forgive me.

Thank you very much.

Tomas Matejicek
slax.org
linux-live.org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-01-23  7:28 UTC | newest]