On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 11:34:24PM +0200, Michael Shigorin wrote: > > >> I did support for submodules, but gear's upstream don't want it. > > > Did they call it names or have they actually explained the reason? > > Reason: wrong ideology. I completely disagree with it. > It requires The Right ideology to be described. Single sha1-id must be enough to fetch all required objects from a single git repository in order to create same pkg.tar for a given sha1-id. Build tag points to tree-ish, tree-ish contains .gear/rules and .gear/tags/*, .gear/tags/* contains pointers to other tree-ishs. Fetching single build tag must also fetch all these objects from a single repository. -- Regards, -- Sir Raorn. --- http://thousandsofhate.blogspot.com/