On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:39:52PM +0000, Max Ivanov wrote: > Does at@ or ldv@ have any ideas how to further improve builder > performance? There never was so stressfull load on infrastructure and > hope never be in near future, but will we wait so long time if it > happens again? First off (perhaps in case you didn't notice), we're doing blazing fast. As a matter of fact, a task with 1000 of packages, running for the second time, can complete within only hours. If you still think this isn't fast enough, consider that 1000 packages actually are 1/n-th part of the whole repo. > Why packages without direct python dependencies (runtime or buildtime) > was blocked by python task? Because what we do is "purely functional" builds, with no exceptions. Whenever a packages is getting built, its build environment is remembered. On the second run, would the environment change, the package must be rebuilt. "The envorinment" = "packages installed into build chroot e.g. on behalf of BuildRequires". Consider then you uploaded a package called "foo", which is a prerequisite for python-module-foo. But python-module-foo has been rebuilt with python-2.6; it is busy wating. So we don't want to trigger the chain of rebuilds by allowing... oh well...