On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:46:01PM +0300, Sergey Vlasov wrote: > On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 03:44:38AM +0300, Alexey Tourbin wrote: > > When a symbol is moved to another library, some programs might need > > relinking, while some might still work. > > > > Let's see what happens if a symbol is moved from libA to libB. The > > programs that use the symbol and linked only to libA go broke, right? > > But if libA is linked with libB, the symbol will still be available > even for such programs. Yes, that was exactly the case with the tgetent migration. What I want to highlight here is that our upcoming ELF deps should not break valid symbol migrations. -- ldv