On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 08:04:40PM +0200, Igor Vlasenko wrote: > On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 09:01:25PM +0300, Alexey Tourbin wrote: > > > Не будет ли это нарушением авторского права? > > > > I believe that "Big Changelogs" are written in order to conform > > to GPLv2 2a: > > > > You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices > > stating that you changed the files and the date of any change. > > > > Thus, it is formally required to include changelog into source > > distribution. It is then arguably not required to include changelogs > > into binary packages. > > Ok. It is safe to assume that robot should never kill Changelog, > the choice is left for humans. Along with traditional ChangeLog file, which is of little use to the end user, many projects maintain a user-friendly (and developer-friendly) file called NEWS. The rule is (I hereby propose) that NEWS be packaged. And changelogs usually should not be packaged.