On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 02:58:56PM +0300, Dmitry V. Levin wrote: [...] > If these people fail to understand my _primitive_ English, then they surely > fail to read NEWS and ChangeLog files, they certainly cannot talk to upstream, > and therefore don't qualify as good package maintainers. They haven't > read good books and papers because these books (and especially papers) are > mostly written in English, so they probably do not understand code well enough. > If they want to be good package maintainers, then they have to learn this > "ugly language". And if they won't learn, why should I help them? I'm sure that basic English reading skills are strictly necessary to maintain packages with free software. If somebody tells me that he doesn't understand my plain English, I can answer him that I don't trust his packages by definition. -- ldv