ALT Linux Team development discussions
* [devel] girar-builder: post-install filelist check
@ 2009-04-16 22:08 Alexey Tourbin
From: Alexey Tourbin @ 2009-04-16 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devel

Girar-builder has been enabled to perform a full-fledged check
for unpackaged files and directories.  For example, see this log:
http://lists.altlinux.org/pipermail/sisyphus-incominger/2009-April/229116.html

	i586: liferea=1.4.28-alt1 post-install filelist check:
warning: file /etc/bash_completion.d is not owned by any package
warning: file /etc/buildreqs/files is not owned by any package
warning: file /etc/buildreqs/files/ignore.d is not owned by any package
warning: file /etc/pki is not owned by any package
warning: file /etc/rc.d/rc0.d/K92messagebus is not owned by any package
warning: file /etc/rc.d/rc1.d/K92messagebus is not owned by any package
warning: file /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/K92messagebus is not owned by any package
warning: file /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S10messagebus is not owned by any package
warning: file /etc/rc.d/rc4.d/S10messagebus is not owned by any package
warning: file /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S10messagebus is not owned by any package
warning: file /etc/rc.d/rc6.d/K92messagebus is not owned by any package
warning: file /etc/tcb/messagebus is not owned by any package
warning: file /etc/tcb/messagebus/shadow is not owned by any package
warning: file /etc/tcb/messagebus/shadow- is not owned by any package
warning: file /etc/tcb/messagebus/shadow.lock is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/PolicyKit is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/PolicyKit/policy is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/aclocal is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/idl is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/mime/XMLnamespaces is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/mime/aliases is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/mime/application is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/mime/application/andrew-inset.xml is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/mime/application/annodex.xml is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/mime/application/atom+xml.xml is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/mime/application/dicom.xml is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/mime/application/docbook+xml.xml is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/mime/application/ecmascript.xml is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/mime/application/epub+zip.xml is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/mime/application/gnunet-directory.xml is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/mime/application/illustrator.xml is not owned by any package
warning: file /usr/share/mime/application/javascript.xml is not owned by any package

Please don't be too eager to fix all these warnings just yet.
For example, there is apparently no problem with /etc/rc.d/rc?.d/[KS]??*
symbolic links, since they are under chkconfig(8) control.

* Re: [devel] girar-builder: post-install filelist check
@ 2009-04-16 23:54 ` Dmitry V. Levin
From: Dmitry V. Levin @ 2009-04-16 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ALT Devel discussion list

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 02:08:01AM +0400, Alexey Tourbin wrote:
> Girar-builder has been enabled to perform a full-fledged check
> for unpackaged files and directories.  For example, see this log:
> http://lists.altlinux.org/pipermail/sisyphus-incominger/2009-April/229116.html
[...]
> Please don't be too eager to fix all these warnings just yet.
> For example, there is apparently no problem with /etc/rc.d/rc?.d/[KS]??*
> symbolic links, since they are under chkconfig(8) control.

There is apparently a new problem with /etc/rc.d/rc?.d/[KS]??*:
they pollute build logs.
We have to recognize these common false positives and filter them out.

--
ldv

* [devel] /usr/share/mime/ unpackaged *.xml files
@ 2009-04-17  9:19   ` Alexey Tourbin
From: Alexey Tourbin @ 2009-04-17  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ALT Devel discussion list

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 03:54:32AM +0400, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 02:08:01AM +0400, Alexey Tourbin wrote:
> > Girar-builder has been enabled to perform a full-fledged check
> > for unpackaged files and directories.  For example, see this log:
> > http://lists.altlinux.org/pipermail/sisyphus-incominger/2009-April/229116.html
> [...]
> > Please don't be too eager to fix all these warnings just yet.
> > For example, there is apparently no problem with /etc/rc.d/rc?.d/[KS]??*
> > symbolic links, since they are under chkconfig(8) control.
>
> There is apparently a new problem with /etc/rc.d/rc?.d/[KS]??*:
> they pollute build logs.
> We have to recognize these common false positives and filter them out.

Right.  And there is also quite a difference between a big pollution
and a small pollution.  For now, let's discuss one partucilar big
pollution.  There are PLENTY of unpackged files under /usr/share/mime.
I believe that having unpackaged files under /usr/share is wrong.

Perhaps we need to identify the package which creates these files
and remove it from sisyphus.

* Re: [devel] /usr/share/mime/ unpackaged *.xml files
@ 2009-04-17  9:35     ` Andrey Rahmatullin
From: Andrey Rahmatullin @ 2009-04-17  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devel

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 01:19:55PM +0400, Alexey Tourbin wrote:
> pollution.  There are PLENTY of unpackged files under /usr/share/mime.
> I believe that having unpackaged files under /usr/share is wrong.
Это, кажется, далеко не единственный случай складывания кэшей и автогена в
/usr/share.

* Re: [devel] /usr/share/mime/ unpackaged *.xml files
@ 2009-04-17 10:39       ` Yuri N. Sedunov
From: Yuri N. Sedunov @ 2009-04-17 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ALT Linux Team development discussions

В Птн, 17/04/2009 в 09:35 +0000, Andrey Rahmatullin пишет:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 01:19:55PM +0400, Alexey Tourbin wrote:
> > pollution.  There are PLENTY of unpackged files under /usr/share/mime.
> > I believe that having unpackaged files under /usr/share is wrong.
> Это, кажется, далеко не единственный случай складывания кэшей и автогена в
> /usr/share.

Ага, gtk-update-icon-cache, update-desktop-database.
Надуть это "post-install filelist check" можно, но незапакованные файлы
в настоящей системе будут.

P.S. Когда-то shared-mime-info по моей инициативе стал генерить файлы
в /var/cache, -- это тоже кому-то не понравилось.

--
Yuri N. Sedunov

* Re: [devel] /usr/share/mime/ unpackaged *.xml files
@ 2009-04-17 12:35         ` Alexey Tourbin
From: Alexey Tourbin @ 2009-04-17 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ALT Linux Team development discussions