On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 10:31:36PM +0300, Dmitry V. Levin wrote: > > That said, I am going to consider only the following system calls: > > 1) Strong system calls -- open and execve. > > 2) Weak system calls -- stat and access. > > Note that I actually grep them by prefix to allow stat64 or something. > > ptrace(2) is expensive tool. If strace TF selector is not optimal for > our needs, then we could consider implementing new strace selector, e.g. > TB (trace=buildreq). We can always pass to strace(1) the exact list of system calls we want. So there's no essential need for new strace selectors. The only thing that stopped me from implementing --trace=open,execve,... argument for /usr/share/buildreqs/strace_files is that actually I would have to deal with stat/stat64 difference somehow.