Jonatan, thanks for your reply -- I'll forward it to our mailing list since development borrows quite a few ideas from Debian project. On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 01:50:00PM -0700, Jonathan Corbet wrote: > > Contains the various common licenses uses by the ALT Linux. > > Instead of including the COPYING file in every package, > > just refer to this one. > > > > Hint enough? :) > > The Debian people went through this a while back. Turns out that shipping > a package without the COPYING file in it is a GPL violation. As I recall, > they ended up including the file in each package, but tweaking the > installation routines to use the same copy on the target system. Yours, Michael. -- ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin ------ http://visa.chem.univ.kiev.ua/~mike/