ALT Linux Community general discussions
* [mdk-re] Письма отсоздателей ядракасательно Promise.
@ 2001-04-16 19:39 Volckov Konstantin Michailovich
From: Volckov Konstantin Michailovich @ 2001-04-16 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: IP Labs LM

Hi!

---cut---
Andre Hedrick wrote:

> Sorry, but http://www.linux-ide.org/ clearly states that nothing below a
> given line supports hardware/bios-soft raid.

Promise are clearly being less than helpful here and that is not your fault.

However as far as I can see everyone who has a FastTrak which is "stuck"
in RAID mode[1] would be happy if it worked as a normal IDE controller
in Linux, which is (usually?) not the case - eg on the MSI board where
only the first channel is seen.

[1] generally because it is integrated with the motherboard and RAID
is the only thing that the BIOS understands

Re: Help with Fasttrack/100 Raid on Linux
Отправитель: Andre Hedrick <andre@linux-ide.org>
Получатель: Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri@mediaone.net>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Дата: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:34:14 -0700 (PDT)

Stephen,

Sorry but that is a closed source driver and you have to goto Promise, LOL.
Last time I talked to them they sent me an email virus that choked a drive.
Scan your mail first and then count your fingers if you have to shake
hands with somebody their....

Andre Hedrick
Linux ATA Development

Re: Help with Fasttrack/100 Raid on Linux
Отправитель: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Получатель: timothymoore@bigfoot.com (Tim Moore)
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Дата: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 01:26:34 +0100 (BST)

> > > FrastTrack/100 Raid controller working. I finally found the ft.o driver
>
> Did you try building it from source?  Their docs say beta ft.o is RH 6.2-7.0
> which would make me a bit nervous.
>
> ftp://ftp.promise.com/Controllers/IDE/FastTrak100/Linux/LinuxBETA/

They dont supply most of the source, just get a different controller.
-

---cut---

Из всего этого следует, что Promise - есть %:?:%?: контроллер, и как Cox, Так
и Hedrick не советуют его использовать.

Удачи,
Konstantin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-04-16 19:39 UTC | newest]