ALT Linux users (in English only)
From: "David" <davidb@disroot.org>
To: "ALT Linux users (in English only)" <community-en@lists.altlinux.org>
Subject: Re: [Comm-en] A couple of issues
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 19:58:37 +0000

I don't use any of those applications, so I don't have anything useful to suggest to help zero in on the problem.  However, many years ago, I did briefly use Gnome, along with Evolution and Thunar, and did have some unexplained issues with them similar to this.

I would suggest, if you can, try using these applications in another window manager (like xfce, icewm or windowmaker), just to see if you can get them to work properly.  You didn't specify which environment you're using, so I'm going to guess it's MATE.  If you can import bookmarks and attach documents in another desktop environment, then at least you know it was a problem with (possibly) MATE.

You can install another desktop/window manager onto your system via the Synaptic package manager.

Wish I could suggest something more to you.

David.