ALT Linux users (in English only)
* [Comm-en] Re Possible solutions for issues
@ 2022-01-06 20:16 Lyndon
From: Lyndon @ 2022-01-06 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ALT Linux users (in English only)

HI there David and thanks too for your suggestions.

My apologies for not saying what OS I was using. I kind of rushed my
posting.

I am using ALT Workstation 10.0 Mate.

I did just try install XFCE ( minimal ) and tried to import bookmarks,
launch links from Evolution and attach files in Evolution from the XFCE
enviroment but it is still not working.

I can work around all these issues if I have to but its just nice and
more convenient to have them working as normal.

Thanks again and also to Michael for his help.

Lyndon

* Re: [Comm-en] Re Possible solutions for issues
@ 2022-01-06 22:09 ` David
From: David @ 2022-01-06 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ALT Linux users (in English only)

Drat!  I find these "minor" hiccups are the most difficult to pin down and solve.  I did a bit of web searching on the error you mentioned, but I haven't come across anything definitive or useful.  Seems like it's one of those general sort of errors that is caused by several different conditions.

If I find anything, though, I'll certainly pass it along.

David.

January 6, 2022 2:17 PM, "Lyndon" <generalmooseance@vivaldi.net> wrote:

> HI there David and thanks too for your suggestions.
>
> My apologies for not saying what OS I was using. I kind of rushed my
> posting.
>
> I am using ALT Workstation 10.0 Mate.
>
> I did just try install XFCE ( minimal ) and tried to import bookmarks,
> launch links from Evolution and attach files in Evolution from the XFCE
> enviroment but it is still not working.
>
> I can work around all these issues if I have to but its just nice and
> more convenient to have them working as normal.
>
> Thanks again and also to Michael for his help.
>
> Lyndon

* [Comm-en] Back with Workstation 10
@ 2022-01-10  5:15   ` Lyndon
From: Lyndon @ 2022-01-10  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

HI David, Michael. I am back with a fresh install of Workstation 10
after trying P10 KDE and Cinnamon. Had issues though so went back to
Workstation. My flatpaks wouldn't open but after giving them root
privileges all was good.

Things are working better this time and like you David, I am using Sea
Monkey for mail and browsing too. Working real good and I am very happy
with it.

One flatpak, manuskript, will launch but it wont open a msk file. Tor
Browser still wont import bookmarks but Sea Monkey did easily so big
plus there. Not a big problem.

No other major issues so will see how things go.

Regards, Lyndon

* Re: [Comm-en] Back with Workstation 10
@ 2022-01-10  7:29     ` Michael Shigorin
From: Michael Shigorin @ 2022-01-10  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: community-en

On Sun, Jan 09, 2022 at 09:15:01PM -0800, Lyndon wrote:
> One flatpak, manuskript, will launch but it wont open a msk file.

Does it do elsewhere? (or does some other version/build do?)

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin / http://altlinux.org
  ------ http://opennet.ru / http://anna-news.info

* Re: [Comm-en] Back with Workstation 10
@ 2022-01-10 10:57   ` David
From: David @ 2022-01-10 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ALT Linux users (in English only)

January 9, 2022 11:15 PM, "Lyndon" <generalmooseance@vivaldi.net> wrote:

> Things are working better this time and like you David, I am using Sea Monkey for mail and browsing
> too. Working real good and I am very happy with it.

That's good to hear, Lyndon!  I've been using SeaMoneky for a long time and very happy with it.  The only unfortunate thing about SeaMonkey is that many websites on the Net these days are being designed to work only with Chrome (or at least it seems that way).  I've had to resort to using Vivaldi in some situations.  But, so far, I have not installed any other web browser on my new ALT desktop.  I will have to soon, though.  My bank will not let me log in with SeaMonkey and my mid-month transactions are coming due soon.

> One flatpak, manuskript, will launch but it wont open a msk file. Tor Browser still wont import
> bookmarks but Sea Monkey did easily so big plus there. Not a big problem.
>
> No other major issues so will see how things go.

Very odd. Never used Flatpak, myself, or Tor.  I'm assuming an msk file is a format that Manuskript uses.  Very strange that it won't open it's own file.  Does it give an error, or does it just not open?  I'm assuming this is while your using the Mate desktop environment (unless I missed something).