ALT Linux users (in English only)
From: Michael Shigorin <mike@osdn.org.ua>
To: community-en@altlinux.org
Subject: Re: [Comm-en] About forum
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:44:30 +0200

Definitely.  In community@ ? ;-)

> When I ask some questions in forums for programmers
> (forum.vingrad.ru for example) I recieve answers in one or two
> hours (and at least in a day for very specific questions).
> That's because: (1) my questions occur in proper places; (2)
> there are many people there.

Yep.  So far there are many knowledgeable people in community@
and there seems to be little enthusiasm among them to participate
in forums -- it's just overly time-consuming.

> As to pay. I think that some of my question would be more
> helpful for developers (as a feedback) then for me or for our
> group.

Maybe.  But then there's bugzilla ;-)

Otherwise, the real advice is to use proper mail agents for
different tasks.  All in all, judging without participation is
hard, and if you feel something is really nasty enough, you can
always contact org@ or support@.

> It's not difficult at all to organize forum. There are many
> linux forums so it's enoght to coordinate efforts.

Well you can do a search for "форум" at search.altlinux.ru to
identify those interested (there was a recent discussion) and
cooperate woth them [to cooperate with any forum] to bring the
thing up and running.

You're welcome :-)

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>