On 27 May 2003 22:05:40 -0300 "Jorge A. Cerdio" Herrán wrote: > I too have the same problem. I have a PCI SonudBlasterLive5.1. Alt > 2.2 jr. does recongnize the card and tries to load 'snd-emu10k1' > as a module, but it doesn't find it (missing). However, if I do a > modprobe emu10k1 after boot on a console as root, the modules gets > loaded. Then I run 'aumix' and turn the volume up. I have to do > this everytime I boot. I have not found any other way. Even if I > include this on/etc/modules.conf it doesn't load the module > automagically. what does $ rpm -qa alsa say? -- Alexandre Prokoudine ALT Linux Documentation Team JabberID: avp@altlinux.org