В Вск, 06/03/2005 в 20:33 -0500, Aaron McDonald пишет: > Did Alt Linux recently discontinue use of the update-mime command? From what > I can tell, this program is used to update mailcap files. > > Here's a little background as to why I'm asking the question: > After much investigation and research today I discovered that some of the > default applications that Firefox is using are from the .mailcap file in my > home directory. This file was last modified on Dec. 31st 2004 and it > contains useful MIME definitions for OpenOffice.org. If I remove this file, > Firefox no longer has these MIME definitions. The update-desktop-database > command creates /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache which Firefox also > uses, but this file doesn't contain any of the OpenOffice.org definitions. > > So, my questions are: > Where did my .mailcap file come from? > and > What OpenOffice.org files need to be moved to /usr/share/applications/ so > that the OpenOffice.org definitions are in mimeinfo.cache? > Standard .desktop files need to be placed in /usr/share/applications, but now openoffice.org package doesn't provides standard .desktop files in the standard location, this is a bug. As a workaround You may put attached files: openoffice-calc.desktop openoffice-draw.desktop openoffice-impress.desktop openoffice-math.desktop openoffice-writer.desktop to /usr/share/applications and run update-desktop-database as root. -- Yuri N. Sedunov 03/07/05 07:24:54