Культурный офтопик
From: Alexey Rusakov <ktirf@altlinux.org>
To: "культурный офтопик" <smoke-room@lists.altlinux.org>
Subject: [room] [Fwd: .la files removal in Debian Unstable]
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:16:20 +0400

Хорошо ребята в Debian пошутили.

[-- Attachment #2: .la files removal in Debian Unstable --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 4627 bytes --]

From: Jerome Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net>
To: GNOME packaging List <gnome-packaging-list@gnome.org>
Subject: .la files removal in Debian Unstable
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:00:34 +0200

Hello guys,

As you already know, I'm pretty much involved in
http://jhbuild.bxlug.be.
I'm trying to build GNOME 2.16 on Debian Unstable (Sid), but lately,
while transitioning to Xorg 7.0, they also decided to remove all .la
files from their packages (see DBTS #354674 [1]).
Now, many packages are failing while trying to build.
A related log is available here:
http://jhbuild.bxlug.be/builds/2006-04-15-0001/
In particuliar, pango fails to build like this:
http://jhbuild.bxlug.be/builds/2006-04-15-0001/logs/pango/#build
As you can imagine, no much packages build further.

I'm not that good with autotools, so would like to have some help to fix
this, and get it fixed in cvs.
Can somebody help me, or fix it directly in the cvs, so that I can
update and retry?

Thanks

Jérôme Warnier
FLOSS Consultant