On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 11:34:42PM +0200, Juraj Oravec wrote: > Hello, > > One of our users reported that some keymaps for his/her macbook are > missing, which s/he was able to find in Debian. > > The keymaps: > - mac-macbook-de > - mac-macbook-fr Do I understand correctly that I add these two keymaps from console-data ? > From our reporter: > > These keymaps are around 99% correct (they have only one key that is > > inverted, that is the "#@" key that is inverted with the "<>" key) > > it's a very little problem. > > Many macbook share the same keyboard model as me. > > Probably also add/create english version if it is not some default one. > > These keymaps are available in package "console-data"[1] in Debian. > > Environment: > HW: MacBookPro12,1 early 2015 model, the 13" intel iris 6100 gpu only. > OS: Artixlinux (Archlinux with simple init systems) > > If there is some missing information I included the original reporter in > CC. nsklaus wrote: > on arch, like on other distro (debian, redhat too), the keymaps > "mac-fr, mac-us, mac-de" aren't suitable for macbooks at all. These files are very old. They are clearly not for modern macbooks. As far as I remember they are for old macintosh. The keymap for Apple USB keyboard/trackpad (ISO), Swedish was added recently. Unfortunately it is only for Swedish. I do not use these keymaps. I have a MacBookPro8,1 and I'm using the i386/qwerty/ruwin_cplk-UTF-8.map on it. nsklaus, keymaps from i386 don't suit you? -- Rgrds, legion