Hi Alexey, On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 01:37:32AM +0400, Alexey Gladkov wrote: > 14.04.2009 21:45, Michael Schutte wrote: > > The Linux kernel distinguishes between K(KTYP, KVAL) keysyms and Unicode > > characters. This patch makes loadkeys query the console’s Unicode mode > > and convert between the two keysym types according to the result. The > > theoretical advantage is that less keymaps need both an 8-bit and a > > Unicode variant (cf. trq[u], ua[-utf]). > > I have a problem with your patch: > > LANG: ru_RU.UTF-8 > keymap: data/keymaps/i386/qwerty/ruwin_cplk-UTF-8.map > > The difference between the old and the new behavior is attached. This > is 'dumpkeys -n' output. Thanks for your testing, I completely missed this. But you can still type the affected characters, right? As far as I can tell, it’s only dumpkeys which is wrong here. > And also, you have not updated the documentation for new behaviour. loadkeys(1) didn’t even document the old meaning of -u. I’ve added a short section about the features of this patch. If you want me to add more information, please let me know. A fixed version of the patch is attached to this mail. Cheers, -- Michael Schutte