On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 02:26:49AM +0200, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote: > 2010/3/21 Alexey Tourbin : > > Give me a good reason, with examples, why we should change the default. > > There was a good reason for --as-needed - extra dependencies and extra > > lookup costs.  I see no good reason for --no-copy-dt-needed-entries. > > gold(1) behaves that way by default. AFAIK, Fedora goes to switch to it later. > So it's one of step of switching. So a good reason to change the default is because of Fedora. Because they are going to change it, too! Just not yet. Maybe next week. But as far as I know, Fedora did never enable --as-needed by default. This makes a difference.