Hi, In autoconf_2.60-2.65-alt1, I'd patched autoreconf to add gtkdocize support the same way as we earlier added intltoolize support. In short, autoreconf now recognizes GTK_DOC_CHECK macro as a signal to invoke gtkdocize. Due to some strange logic implemented in gtkdocize (as of gtk-doc-1.13-alt1), it won't update gtk-doc.m4 file unless it finds an AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR specifying where to install this file. Unlike autotools utilities, gtkdocize won't fall back to default macro location. As result, if your package carries own outdated copy of gtk-doc.m4 and configure.ac doesn't contain an AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR invocation in form suitable for gtkdocize, then gtkdocize won't help you, unless you remove this outdated gtk-doc.m4 copy from your package. gtk-doc maintainer(s) might wish to file a bug about this odd gtk-doc behaviour to gtk-doc's upstream. -- ldv