On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:11:00PM +0300, Alexey Tourbin wrote: > On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 02:12:53PM +0300, Dmitry V. Levin wrote: > > Isn't it too hard indeed? Maybe we could patch rpmbuild to make such > > packages noarch automatically? > > rpmbuild itself cannot decide whether certain packages should be noarch. > Consider my previous example with perl-Net-IP-1.25-alt3.noarch.rpm (yeah, > it's been fixed). It contains /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Net/IP.pm. > This is plain text file, but since it is under /usr/lib, we cannot > automatically decide whether it's good for noarch (e.g. it might have > platform-specific paths hardcoded into it). So, to decide whether IP.pm > is good enough for noarch, we should build the package on both > architectures and ensure that IP.pm is exactly the same. There's another option: to coerce packages into noarch posthumously. Which is to rename .i586.rpm -> .noarch.rpm and to edit the header. This will require girar-builder redesign, but it seems doable.