JFYI, ----- Forwarded message from Gustavo Niemeyer ----- Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:45:54 -0300 From: Gustavo Niemeyer To: Matthew Miller Cc: apt-rpm@ Subject: Re: [apt-rpm] state of apt-rpm development? > Just curious -- it's been a while since there's been a new apt-rpm > version. Do the developers have anything cool waiting up their > sleeves? Or is the project pretty much perfect at this point? :) Yes, we have something really cool waiting up. It's not a new APT-RPM release though, but a completely new software being built to replace it, based on the experience acquired in the last few years of package managing. It has impressive capabilites if compared to current dependency solving softwares (no it won't replace RPM/DPKG). The press release is being planned, and I'm starting to think about the technical paper explaining the details. -- Gustavo Niemeyer http://niemeyer.net ----- End forwarded message ----- -- ldv