Hi! Надо бы как-то добраться посмотреть -- мож, имеет смысл завернуть да кому в руки дать для кириллизации? :) ----- Forwarded message from Reto Stamm ----- Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:42:16 -0700 From: Reto Stamm To: seul-edu@seul.org Subject: [seul-edu] LingoTeach 0.3 released Hi, the new version of LingoTeach is out now! http://www.lingoteach.org LingoTeach is a language teaching program. The current version has a vocabulary of 825 Words and Phrases, and Sound in English (someone demonstrates how it should sound). It supports English-German, and is built in such a way that any new language will be accessible from all existing languages (ie. If you add Spanish, it will support En-Sp Sp-En, Ge-Sp, Ge-En Sp-Ge, En-Ge). It is written in C using GTK, while all the Data is stored in an XML file. The Sound snippets are stored in oggs vorbis files. It runs great with RH7.2, older versions have not been tested yet. I am working on adding more Languages, and more Sound, Images and more front end games, as well as a educationally correct word selection engine (one that shows you the word until you know it, then reviews it tomorrow, three days later, a week later and next month. I figure if that is done well, tests will become unnecessary, and long term retention will go way up.). If you want to help, you are very welcome, the files are in CVS at Sourceforge, I can give you access. Best regards --reto ----- End forwarded message ----- -- ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin ------ Linux.Kiev http://www.linux.kiev.ua/